Monday, February 07, 2011

I Have That Jaguar

Ok, so I've talked about this for a while. And it's happened. Sitting in my garage is a beautiful, flame red and black leather, 1990 Jaguar XJSC.

It's awesome! Of course, it's a crazy car. I can't afford to run it, but I'm proud to own it. Why did I buy this petrol-guzzling luxury monster? It was, quite frankly, a steal! I think I am going to sell it again soon, but right now I am enjoying the hell out of having it.

This car represents the end of an era. I don't think anyone will make a production V12 engine again, ever. It just doesn't make sense, but as a genuine collectors piece and as an amazing statement of luxury from a time only recently passed, I love it.

If you live in Europe (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, etc.) and you want it, email me. Otherwise, I'm going to have a bit of fun and decide when I'll eventually put it up for sale. For now I'm grinning ear to ear as I drop my toe and get pressed in to the seats while listening to my favourite CD with the electric hood down!

(PS - not a great photo, but will post more when I've taken them.)

5 comments:

StuartC said...

Aston Martin V12 Vantage? But that very likely really will be the last. The XJS is undoubtedly already a classic. Its looks are only improving with age.

VintageTyres said...

I don't expect Ferrari to stop making V12 engines any time soon - and Lamborghini have just released their brand new V12 engine, a 700bhp engine that weighs just 235Kg. So V12s will be around in production cars for many years to come!

Greg Harvey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike's Road Trip said...

The classics are so sweet. Have you ever been to the auto museum in Gateway, CO? Very cool place! I just got back a few weeks ago, here are some of my pics and video: http://www.mikesroadtrip.com/gateway-auto-museum/

CGS intake said...

It is a one true classic. It would be rare to have this in the future.